Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Doogie Howser moment.

Have you ever experienced de ja vu? It's like, one day, you'll be trudging along and then you wake up. It's a moment of clarity and your heart pounds as you look around and think: Am I really here? Am I seeing this? Then suddenly it hits you, it all feels so familiar. Maybe I've been here before. Did I dream this?


My question is, why? Why does it seem so familiar. Is it that dreams are prophetic, allowing you to take a glimpse into your future? And when that familiarity grasps you, that's when you remember? Or is it something far more complex that is virtually impossible to understand? I wonder...

When I was younger, I used to think that perhaps I was already dead. I imagined that I was in a place awaiting judgment and redemption, someplace like Limbo. In this place, I reviewed my entire life. It's funny how even in death, it is something other than myself that determines the next step. Which begs another question, am I taking enough responsibility for my own life? Am I taking care to nurture and love it, as well as seeing it through the difficult times?

The real crime is not the tally of all the errors I made in my lifetime. The real crime is not taking care of my life. It is comparing my life to someone else's, knowing full well that the lives we are living are unique and not interchangeable (non-refundable too).

There is no blueprint on how to live. You just gotta act naturally and do what feels right.

Peace (or instant karma will getcha)

No comments:

Post a Comment